Education & Academic Experience
- September 2017 - Current: Ph.D. Student at the School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, division of Information Science and Engineering, KTH Royal Institute of Technology - kth.se/eecs
Dependable networking for cyberphysical systems.
- Current research is focused the benchmarking and performance analysis of Edge Computing infrastructures and the applications deployed on them, in particular with respect to human-in-the-loop applications and cyperphysical systems.
- Doctoral advisor:
James Gross, Ph.D.
- Currently also collaborating in research with the Elijah Group in the Computer Science Dept. at Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA, as a visiting scholar under the tutolage of professor Mahadev "Satya" Satyanarayanan, Ph.D.
- Engineer's Degree and B.Eng.Sc. in Computer Science, Universidad de Chile, in Santiago, Chile - dcc.uchile.cl
- Thesis topic:
Design and Implementation of an Integrated Framework for Simulating Intelligent Transportation Systems in OMNeT++ and Paramics
- Graduated on August 16, 2017 with Highest Honors.
- Former exchange student at the CSC in KTH - Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm, Sweden -
Conference Presentations & Posters
- 15th Cloud Control Workshop (Jun. 11 - 13, 2019, Sandhamn, Sweden)
- EdgeDroid: An Experimental Approach to Benchmarking Human-in-the-Loop Applications
- HotMobile 2019 (Feb. 27 - 28, 2019, Santa Cruz, CA)
- ACM/IEEE Symposium on Edge Computing 2018 (Oct. 25 - 27, 2018, Bellevue, WA)
- Scaling on the Edge - A Benchmarking Suite for Human-in-the-Loop Applications
Generated at page-load from this .bib file.
Research and Academic Experience
- (Aug 2015 - June 2017) Software Developer and Researcher at NIC Chile Research Laboratories -
- Research on the integration of a wireless network simulator (Omnet++) and a traffic simulator (Quadstone Paramics) for ITS applications, under the guidance of Prof. Sandra Céspedes. This was realized in collaboration with the Wireless Networking Research Group at the Dept. of Electrical Engineering of Universidad de Chile and culminated in an Engineer's Degree thesis.
- (Previous) Designed, implemented and deployed a backend microservice for image management in client-server applications for Android devices.
- (Previous) Design of an early-warning system for bikes in an Intelligent Transport System also under the
Prof. Sandra Céspedes
- (Aug 2013 - June 2017) Teaching Assistant:
- (January 2016) Teaching Assistant at the 2016 Stanford Honors Academy -
- Beauchef International Community, former member of student board -
- DEPACHI, developer and founding member -
- Pedalea! Beauchef, bike mechanic and mountainbiker -
- Beauchef En Movimiento, salsa and bachata danser, member of student board -
- Social Dance @ KI -
Social Dance @ KI
Hobbies and Interests
- Sports: Amateur powerlifter. Also a 1st dan black belt in ATA Taekwondo (although I haven't officially trained
some years now).
- Dancing: cuban salsa, bachata.
- Electronics and hacking in general. Linux enthusiast.
- I have an unnatural passion for clicky keyboards... (shameless plug:
- I play Magic The Gathering on a semi-serious FNM level, and I always play Control.